Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

colored vinyl of The Dreaming?

From: Ulrich Grepel <uli@zoodle.robin.de>
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 95 15:22:41 +0200
Subject: colored vinyl of The Dreaming?
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

Hi!

Still browsing the archives and found the following:

> Date: Sat, 12 Aug 89 10:28:32 PDT
> From: ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward Suranyi)
> Subject: Really strange Kate item for sale
>

> I saw the following in an ad in the current issue of _Goldmine_
> magazine (August 25):
>
> KATE BUSH -- The Dreaming (EMI America) very rare U.S. set of 5
> advance test pressings of LP, each on a different colored vinyl
> (yellow, green, blue, purple, and red, each with streaks of
> white).  Since these were made only for color testing, they
> were never pressed with the correct music.  All five play side
> two of the JIMI HENDRIX "Band Of Gypsies" album on both sides.
> This album was being pressed by Capitol at the time these tests
> were made.
> CONDITION: VG+
> MINIMUM BID:  $150.00 for each LP
>
> Has anyone ever heard of such a thing?  Were there ever any
> colored vinyl versions of _The Dreaming_ actually released?
>
> Ed
> ed@das.llnl.gov

Now what do these LPs have that make them into 'The Dreaming' LPs?
It has to be the disc somehow, for cover and inner sleeve are
easily replaceable (unless sealed, but then: how to verify?).
The only thing that comes to my mind would be the label. Anyone
knowing anything else?

Bye,

Uli

--
"Ein 32-Bit-Betriebssystem fuer uns?" - "Wozu? Wir haben doch zwei mit 16."
[IBM ad promoting OS/2]