Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: The Best Kept Secret for Meeting Women!

From: "Stuart M. Castergine" <scasterg@cd.columbus.oh.us>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 1995 07:33:56 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: The Best Kept Secret for Meeting Women!
To: Love-Hounds <love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET>
Sender: "Stuart M. Castergine" <scasterg@cd.columbus.oh.us>

It's painfully and unfortunately obvious. Every week some clueless newbie
(derogatory connotations intended this time) has what passes for a
thought. "Hey, I'll post my advertisement to *ALL* the newsgroups! I bet
nobody has every done *that* before! I bet I'll get a *great* response!"

The more quickly the net--

Aha! Bulletin just in. My flame to Studmaker was bounced with this
message:

   ----- The following addresses had delivery problems -----
kimberly@DISABLED  (unrecoverable error)
    (expanded from: <kimberly@nr.infi.net>)

553 kimberly@DISABLED... User "kimberly" is not currently active.

Net justice triumphs again! As I was saying, the more quickly the net
grows the more frequently this kind of idiot rears his or her empty head.
I don't see any other effective method of dealing with them than
thoroughly mail bombing them. True idiots aren't convinced by anything
less than a stout board applied to the head with great force.

Kate content: Sigh. I suppose Kate wouldn't approve. She seems like such
a nice person. Then again, she did write Coffee Homeground and the
Wedding List. I bet that's arsenic in your MIME-encoded attachment....
:-) "I'm gonna put 'im on my Mailing List!"

scasterg@cd.columbus.oh.us == Stuart M. Castergine   |              ---
All young gentle dreams drowning                     | "Mmm, yes."   |/
In life's grief                                      |               |\
Can you hang on to me? --Kate Bush, _Big Stripey Lie_|