Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Deeper Understanding

From: camrockhs@aol.com (CamRockHS)
Date: 17 Apr 1995 09:44:08 -0400
Subject: Deeper Understanding
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: root@newsbf02.news.aol.com

I would refer y'all to _Wired_ , May, 1995, p.153; an article on
"cybrarian" Reva Basch in which she comments on online interaction and how
it has changed human interaction.
"Online...there is one deep, deep conversation devoted to a particular
issue.  I find that affects my relationships with offline friends,
especially people I haven't seen for a while.  There's a lack of depth and
context and continuity in a lot of my face-to-face relationships."
     I can say that I have been lurking about r.m.g. for about 5 years now
(even before my now horrible aol access) and that I have found that
connecting to the lovehound community has been important and stimulating
for me (with occasional frustrations).  Just want to say thanks.

Tom Neely
camrockhs@aol.com