Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Chart Attack

From: Stev0@zuni.chaco.com (Steve Berlin)
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 1995 09:00:53 -0700
Subject: Chart Attack
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

Ulrich Grepel <uli@zoodle.robin.de> posts:

>Robb asked:
>> Can anyone tell me the peak U.K. chart positions of these Kate singles?

>Here are those I know:

>>    The Sensual World                            Eat The Music
       Highest position: #12  (on for 5 weeks)        not published in UK
       Hit charts: Sept 30, 1989
>    Love And Anger                               Rubberband Girl
      Highest position: #25                           Sept. 13, 1993: 12
      (on for 3 weeks)                                Sept. 20, 1993: 14
      Hit: Mar 10, 1990                               Sept. 27, 1993: 36
>    This Woman's Work                            Moments of Pleasure
      Highest position: #25  (on for 5 weeks)         Nov. 22, 1993: 26
      Hit:  Dec. 2, 1989
>    Walk Straight Down The Middle                The Red Shoes
         not published in UK                          Apr. 11, 1994: 28
                                                      Apr. 18, 1994: 21
>    Rocket Man                                   And So Is Love
         12                                           Nov. 14, 1994: 26

also: The Man I Love (Jul. 25, 1994: 27)

This isn't all, but all I know.

And for those just joining us, the last top 10 song she had was
Running Up That Hill (#3, Aug 17 1985, on charts 11 weeks).
And still, to date, her only #1 single was "Wuthering Heights"
(On charts Feb. 11, 1978, on for 13 weeks total - which also makes
it the song of hers that was on the charts the longest)

Source:  British Hit Singles, by Paul Gambaccini, Tim Rice (yes,
THAT Tim Rice), and Jonathan Rice

- Stev0 the chartbuster

"The letter U and the number 2" - Casey Kasem