Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Fruitopia on 90210 and Sliders

From: Robb McCaffree <NSRJM@NURSEPO.MEDCTR.UCLA.EDU>
Date: 14 Apr 1995 02:22:16 GMT
Subject: Fruitopia on 90210 and Sliders
To: rec-music-gaffa@agate.berkeley.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Well...the thrust of what I have to say is in my headline, but...

Fruitopia was the sponsor of both Beverly Hills 90210 and the new
"multi-dimensional" show, Sliders, which aired at 8:00 p.m. and 9:00
p.m. respectively, Pacific Standard Time, Wednesday night. The
commercials aired early in each show and were preceded by the
obligatory '(your show here) is sposored by Fruitopia' voice-over.

One of the ads featured the "hi, hi, juice" vocal that someone had
written about here in rec.music.gaffa sometime last week. I got it on
tape this time, and yeah...I gotta say it does sound like she's saying
just that.

The other was an (as yet) indecipherable lyric murmurred over some
native-sounding chants and a medium paced bass-beat.

Both of these differ from the piano-based commercial that aired during
the movie Hero the preceding night. So there are at least three spots
with three different pieces of music so far. It's a good bet that
Fruitopia will buy spots for these shows next week, since they spent
the bucks on a 'sponsorship' for the shows this week.

As if it's not already REALLY difficult to collect the Kate entire...
now I gotta guess when she's playing for a whole 30 seconds and have
the VCR ready!!!!!!

                             Labor of love(-hound),
                                     Robb