Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: remastering question (again)

From: akmonday@uclink3.berkeley.edu (Anthony Kyle Monday)
Date: 13 Apr 1995 05:25:17 GMT
Subject: Re: remastering question (again)
To: rec-music-gaffa@agate.berkeley.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Euti Kingsang Perry (mosquito+@CMU.EDU) wrote:
: at a local CD store, I saw some of Kate's CDs, all of which were on EMI
: Manhattan (excluding TSW and TRS).  None of them said anything about being
: digitally remastered (ie. AAD), and after looking through the plastic I
: saw that none of them had any real booklets inside, so no lyrics or
: pictures etc.  But they were all shrinkwrapped and brand new.

: But at a used CD store I saw The Dreaming, Lionheart, and The Whole Story on
: EMI America.  All of them said AAD on the back, and I saw that all of them
: had a little booklet in them, with lyrics and pictures.  I did not want to
: buy them because the booklets and the discs weren't in that good of a
: condition.

: My question is, where can I get new, shrinkwrapped Kate Bush CDs on the
: EMI America label? I'm assuming that all of Kate's CDs on this label are
: digitally remastered. I was thinking of ordering through mail, but I haven't
: yet because I was afraid they'd send me the EMI Manhattan ones instead. Can
: anybody help?

Well, as far as I know EMI Manhattan handles all of Kate's EMI output
these days (in fact, I don't think EMI AMErica even exists anymore), so
unless you try little towns were no-one's ever heard of Kate, and her
stuff's been on the shelf for five years, you're probably out of luck.
Your best bet is to look for THis Woman's Work, it should be around ussed
for about a hundred bucks.

: euti (ty) perry
: mosquito@cmu.edu

           Anthony Kyle Monday            /