Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Hounds of Love?

From: jgosnell@Phoenix.kent.edu (Gosnell Jeff )
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 1995 13:09:25 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Hounds of Love?
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET (Love Hounds)

    Does anyone out there know what the inspiration of the song
"Hounds of Love"?  I know Kate tends to draw on literature for her
inspirations and the imagery in the song is so distinct that I
couldn't help but feel that it came from a story.  The reason I
would like to know is it was a few years before I actually got to to
see the video for the song, and I was dissapointed with it, not
because of the quality of Kate's direction, but because it was so
different from my "mental movie" of the song.
   To satisfy my own vision of the song, I wrote a short story
inspired by what I felt the song was about.  If the song does indeed
come from another story, it would be interesting to me how far I hit
or missed the mark.
--
.     @-SS+__Jeff.Gosnell__jgosnell@phoenix.kent.edu__@-SS+