Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Bass players

From: tlikonen@pcb.mpoli.fi (TLIKONEN)
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 95 08:01:00 +0200
Subject: Bass players
To: LOVE-HOUNDS@UUNET.UU.NET

Here I go (with my first post)

> And finally, why is Kate into the bass so much (or is this possibly
> Del's influence)?

When she was making Babooshka video she might have found that big and
beautiful double bass very attractive and now she is so in love with
good bass player(s) :-)

Possibly it was Del's influence - who else's? In my case it were Del and
Tony Levin who made me to change my instrument. From guitar to bass. I
never get tired of playing with Breathing and Hammersmith version of
James And the Cold Gun. These songs have pretty easy and nice sounding
bass lines.

(FYI, Tony Levin is that baldheaded bass/stick player in Peter Gabriel's
band and IS VERY talented as well. Tony has been playing with Paul Simon
and in some King Crimson albums. At least in "Discipline" and "Three of
a Perfect Pair".)

Anyone noticed the bass player on The Big Sky video? He is the
singer/bass player in the progressive rock band "Primus". He is called
Les Claypool and - to me - it doesn't sound like his real name. I've
always wondered if Les Claypool is the artist formerly known as _Youth_
who actually played in The Big Sky. I mean, are Youth and Les Claypool
the same person? I hope I don't sound silly.

--
Teemu Likonen               Oh Finland My Lionheart :-)
tlikonen@pcb.mpoli.fi