Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kristen Hersh

From: Daniel Kian Mc Kiernan <dmckiern@weber.ucsd.edu>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 1995 02:28:16 -0800
Subject: Re: Kristen Hersh
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Hips & Makers
     Your Ghost                         Close Your Eyes
     Beestung                           Me and My Charms
     Teeth                              Tuesday Night
     Sundrops                           The Letter
     Sparky                             Lurch
     Houdini Blues                      The Cuckoo
     A Loon                             Hips and Makers
     Velvet Days

Strings
     Beestung                           Velvet Days (String Version)
     Sundrops (String Version)          The Key
     Velvet Days (String Version)       Uncle June And Aunt Jim
     Me And My Charms (String Version)  When The Levee Breaks

Above are the solos CDs (and their songs) from Kristin Hersh about
which I know; it's my understanding that there was also a CD of her
solo stuff bundled with one of the albums of Throwing Muses, of which
she is the central figure. (I was oblivious to Hersh before =Hips and
Makers=.) Hersh is from Newport Bay, Rhode Island.  She is step-sister
to Tanya Donnely, who was also in Throwing Muses, and who was in the
Breeders before they made =The Last Splash=, and who is the central
figure in =Belly=.

          It's always Dark.  Light only hides the Darkness.

          Daniel Kian Mc Kiernan           (619) 535 - 0546
          athanatos@UCSD.edu   132.239.147.2    <75013,676>