Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Twonking

From: Anders Hultman <anders.hultman@unisource.se>
Date: 20 Mar 1995 17:52:33 GMT
Subject: Re: Twonking
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

magus@big12.metrobbs.com (magus) wrote:

> Just thought I'd point out that back in the golden years of science
> fiction a writer wrote about "twonkies." These were creatures that lived
> in television sets that would create fake shows for people to watch. This
> was how they communicated.

Amogst Swedish Science fiction-fans the "twonk disease" is a mythical one,
probably inspired by the "twonkies". The "twonk disease" is leathal, and there
are no symptoms whatsoever. One symptom is that you leap up and down and
scream "Twonk twonk". And you don't die of it.

anders, who just loved the original "twonk" post