Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Wuthering Heights - at the theatre

From: evans@rd.bbc.co.uk (Richard Evans)
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 1995 13:28:23 GMT
Subject: Wuthering Heights - at the theatre
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: usenet@bbc.co.uk

Last night I went to see "Wuthering Heights" at our local theatre. It was an
adaptaiton of the book, and performed by the GOOD COMPANY. They are touring
the UK with their play, visiting various small-ish theatres.

It was very well done. I don't often visit the theatre, but I thought this one
would be a must. The opening scene showed Emily Bronte being haunted by Cathy,
with a fabric screen between them, cunningly lit to make Cathy appear very
ghost like. The way she held out her hand was very like Kate's video - it
really made me shivver.

The rest of the play obviously had a lot of connection with WH the song - lots
of anger and passion. I didn't like the book much but the play really brought
it alive.

Catch it if you can, its well worth seeing, particularly if you're a KT fan.
(I have no connection with the theatrical group, this is just me an individual)

richard.