Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: PJ Harvey & Kate

From: akmonday@uclink3.berkeley.edu (Anthony Kyle Monday)
Date: 15 Mar 1995 07:22:25 GMT
Subject: Re: PJ Harvey & Kate
To: rec-music-gaffa@agate.berkeley.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

I Luv Alf (iluvalf@aol.com) wrote:
: Oh please, tell me it ain't so.....no offense to any PJ fans, but my
: personal opinion of her ranks right up there with Whitney Houston and
: Paula Abduhl.....

: = l~

Ack! Look, I hate to post another non-Kate post (so it'll be short), but
PJ's first album was quite good, her second was awful, but the new one is
quite incredible, easily the best album of the year so far (just got Anni
Lennox's new release and am sorely disappointed; a lot of covers she
can't live up to). If you're a fan of Nick Cave or Tom Waits, the new PJ
Harvey will surprise and delight you. I recomment it to everyone, actually.--

           Anthony Kyle Monday            /
 e-mail: akmonday@uclink3.berkeley.edu	 /     "J'ai une a^me solitare."