Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: AOL Follies (again, no KT content)

From: larry@hal.com (Larry Hernandez)
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 1995 16:54:35 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: AOL Follies (again, no KT content)
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.uu.net

Fiona McQuarrie <fmcquarr@upei.ca> noted:
*[...]
* So it seems that THOSE are the sort of "crimes" you must commit to get
* kicked off AOL. Not flooding newsgroups with hundreds of messages under
* dozens of assumed names (sigh).

* Cheers, Fiona

Oh well :-)  Oh, before continuing, I would like to apologize to both
Lagan Love and K8BUSH for spotlighting them unnecessarily like I did on my
original rant against AOL.  I didn't need to make it personal in any way..
They didn't flame me at all; I just felt guilty afterwards.  How's the old
saying go, something like Think Before You Post, Dummie...

That said, I actually had the occasion to sample a friend of mine's AOL
account over the weekend, and I came away impressed!  It is very
easy to get onto the 'net, to FTP stuff, and do other utilities that
other mailers are very cumbersome about.  I got into the "chat mode" thing
for a while. I think this facility can be put to productive use in business.
Unfortunately, this evening, the group that I ended up in included a couple of
the types of "kids" who give AOL its bad reputation. But all in all, AOL
isn't really as bad as I've been led to believe.

Larry "anything but Microsoft Network, please!" Hernandez
(larry@hal.com)