Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: TV show: history of r'n'r

From: larry@hal.com (Larry Hernandez)
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 1995 16:27:33 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: TV show: history of r'n'r
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.uu.net

Right out of her head, "Karen L. Newcombe" <kln@crl.com>, wondered:

* Does anyone out there in the Love Kennel know whether or not the
* overadvertised upcoming TV special on UPN, the "History of Rock and Roll"
* contains any Kate material?

I've read the previews in both the SF Chron and the SJ Mercury News, and no
mention of Kate was made.  Not that that means anything definitive,
especially considering most "rock and roll editors" know jacksh*t about Kate.
Heck, nowadays, how can a performer be considered an icon of rock if she's
only toured once, over 15 damn years ago?

* I really don't want to watch yet another
* show about music hoping to see Kate and getting one more disappointment.

I plan to tape the whole thing, myself.  From the ads and reviews I've seen,
the series is supposed to be the most comprehensive, well-made visual/audio
chronicle of rock ever produced.  I *can* say the Bowie is featured, and
probably the Floyd, both heavy influences on Kate.  But I know this is stretching
things a bit..

Totally unrelated PS: Why does AOL allow people to call themselves, IMHO, dumb
names like K8BUSH and Lagan Love, without real identification?  There's a joker
on another group who constantly changes his handle every time he sends out
insulting mail; he has sent over 100 messages to the group and has still not
been caught. And AOL claims their constant slow delivery is due to sheer volume...

Larry (larry@hal.com) admittedly a bit grouchy today...