Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

PJ Harvey on MTV

From: "Smith, Van Edward - GS13" <smithv@407po1.usafe.af.mil>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 95 18:34:00 PST
Subject: PJ Harvey on MTV
To: "'RMG'" <love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET>
Encoding: 18 TEXT

John talks about PJ Havey:

> If you haven't seen the PJ Harvey video, I caught it on MUCH Music this
> week, and it's REAL different.  I liked it, and I might even buy the
> album, but it's CREEPY.  It was nice to hear Ms. Harvey out of
> he bash and crash mode - it didn't remind me of KT so much as kind of a
> Tori Amos meets Madonna.  Are they playing it on MTV at all?

MTV Europe, out of London,  is most definitely playing PJ (not that I've
 seen it though).   They have a sunday night show called '120 Minutes'
which is supposed to be about the 'best of the London 'underground' '
music scene.  It airs at 9:00 pm.  (The advertisement first showed PJ's
name, then Hole and Nirvana, to give you an indication of the show's
contents.)

Van