Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kenny Everett

From: CLBECKWITH@aol.com
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 1995 17:39:59 -0500
Subject: Kenny Everett
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.uu.net

Dear Fellow Love-Hounds:

It has come to my attention (via a contributor to Ecto) that Kenny Everett is
in the final stages of AIDS and is gravely ill.  Kenny, as most Love-Hounds
know, was an early and ardent supporter of Kate via his wonderful "Kenny
Everett Video Show."  That support continued through the years, and in fact
just last year I heard Kenny playing "Man With the Child" on the Gold channel
of British Airways' in-flight entertainment on my transatlantic journey to
the convention.  [Not to be discounted, either, was his contribution to 70s
British TV sketch comedy on "The Goodies," the memory of which has faded for
most yanks owing to its long absence from the airways.  The series was
anthologised on a group of videocassettes in the UK last year.]

So consider pausing a moment to consider the plight of Kenny and send a
little love his way as he makes his journey into the next world.  Let's hope
it's as painless as possible.  How sad--another gifted performer lost to the
ravages of AIDS, and yet another of Kate's friends dying. When will it end?
  :-(

--Chris B.