Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Houdini on the FAQ

From: Ulrich Grepel <uli@zoodle.robin.de>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 95 23:01:39 +0100
Subject: Re: Houdini on the FAQ
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

Hi!

> Re: Your new information on Houdini in the FAQ - Houdini's real (birth)
> name was Erich Weiss.  His stage name is an homage to the great French
> 19th century illusionist Robert-Houdin.

Sounds like another German guy - Peter Reich is also a very German-sounding name.
At least if you pronounce it properly...

So Houdini doesn't really have a first name. Only a real name, which then
doesn't really have to do anything with the name Houdini. Hmmm... I think
I'll reformulate the paragraph without using his inexistant first name.

Bye,

Uli

--
"Ein 32-Bit-Betriebssystem fuer uns?" - "Wozu? Wir haben doch zwei mit 16."
[IBM ad promoting OS/2]