Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Tori blows chance to explain...

From: larry@hal.com (Larry Hernandez)
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 1995 16:39:40 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Tori blows chance to explain...
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.uu.net

(Or: writer's embellishment gone awry?)

Hi Everyone,

I visited Tower yesterday, and peering through the magazine racks, I noticed
an article in the latest _Musician_ where they interviewed artists to answer
the musical question:

If you had to do it all over again, knowing what you do now, what would
I have done differently?  (somethng to that effect).

Tori's mug blessed the cover of the mag, so how could I resist not looking
at her thoughts?  Besides, her story is highlighted.  I scanned the text for
the magic keywords "Kate Bush", or "debut album design ripoff" or "ethereal".
Absolutely no mention of *anything* Kate-related. Lots of quotes containing the
word "fucking," but I guess it's supposed to be "cool" for big rock stars to
say that all the time.    I think Tori's main complaint was not "discovering"
her strengths, her niche in music, until later, and how she feels she wasted
time doing the Y Kant stuff.
By the way, her makeup job on the cover shot reminded me of an old Kate picture
I first saw in the 1980's.

Larry (defender of honor and things Katian, and currently beta-testing a new
        design of asbestos suit :-)

p.s. Honorable mention goes to the author of the article for giving credit to
     the great, underappreciated old band Faces when he used the great line
     from "Ooh La La": "I wish that I knew what I know now, when I was younger."