Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

gaffa lurker comes forth

From: pmurf@ix.netcom.com (Paul Murphy)
Date: 25 Feb 1995 19:36:17 GMT
Subject: gaffa lurker comes forth
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

I have been a reader of this group for a few months and an avid fan of
Kate for ten years.  First became aware of her music through "Babooshka"
and was sold on her through "Running Up That Hill", "Cloudbursting" and,
especially "Experiment IV" (still brings chills after countless listen-
ings).  "Sensual World" is a favorite and I liked "Red Shoes", though
not as much.

I have not run across many fans of Kate's music, though the local col-
lege station used to play her quite often.  As much of a fanatic as I
consider myself to be, I'm quite impressed by the knowledge of many
of the others in this group.  That leads me to the purpose of this
post....

I was browsing CDs today in a local store and saw a video of Kate at
the Hammersmith Odeon with a companion live CD.  Can anyone recommend
this?  Also, there was a Japanese version of "This Woman's Work" avail-
able.  Are there any differences between this and the Enlish version,
other than that it is printed in Japanese?  It was selling for 147.00.
Feedback on these items would be appreciated.  Thanks for the response.

Now, I'll just step back and lurk some more...

Paul
pmurf@ix.netcom.com