Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Pornography

From: fox@panix.com (Lou Fox)
Date: 22 Feb 1995 21:44:16 -0500
Subject: Re: Pornography
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

The Silver-Flag Boy (u3a97@teach.cs.keele.ac.uk) wrote:
: Kbfreakc (kbfreakc@aol.com) wrote:
: : Hoorah, hoorah, I couldn't have said it better myself.  Contemporary
: : feminism tries to teach us that women are oppressed by men.  Like Kate,
: : you understand that women are just being what they want to be.  It is no

: I'm not totally sure which article you are replying to... but anyway you are
: right. Kate is unideological, and ideological warfare of the kind well-known

I'm assuming you guys are talking about me and the discussion I was
having about why I believed Kate Bush was a feminism. I did recieve some
interesting and intelligent replies. Yours are not among that group.
Feminism is not about hate and neither is what I wrote. In my honest
opinion, Kate Bush is a feminist and her work is feminist work, whether
or not you think so or she thinks so. Feminism is not a dirty word and
you can't make it one. I consider anyone who writes or sings or draws or
whatevers about what it is truly like to be a woman and how being a woman
is played out in modern society to be a feminist. Is that a hate filled
statement? Feminism isn't about hate; it's about loving women. So deal
with it. And I do think a discussion of feminism is relevent to the
board, though I'd prefer not to have it because I understand that the
main mission of gaffa is to spread Kate info.

Jennifer@ Casa feminist boyfriend
Billy Burg, Brooklyn