Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate on TOTP2 (was Re: Under the Ivy lyrics)

From: gtp10@bootes.cus.cam.ac.uk (Dr G.T. Parks)
Date: 21 Feb 1995 10:45:13 GMT
Subject: Kate on TOTP2 (was Re: Under the Ivy lyrics)
To: rec-music-gaffa@marble.britain.eu.net
content-length: 0
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

IEDSRI@aol.com writes:

> P.P.S.: Can some UK-based Love-Hound please
> offer us less fortunately located philocanines
> a detailed description of the old Top of the Pops
> performance of "Wuthering Heights" that was aired
> on your TV Saturday evening? Thanks very much.

The performance shown was the one in which Kate is wearing a long
dark gown and quite obviously singing live. (This is the same
performance that I snagged off UK Gold some time ago, my recording
of which is currently in Chris's possession awaiting processing for
the next tape tree.) In the showing on TOTP2 on Saturday a number
of graphics with rather banal career facts were superimposed over
the original broadcast, thus ruining its archival value.

Geoff Parks