Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Feminism, Kate, and Sex-Positive Feminism

From: u3a97@teach.cs.keele.ac.uk (The Sideliner)
Date: 10 Feb 1995 09:45:20 GMT
Subject: Re: Feminism, Kate, and Sex-Positive Feminism
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@gabriel.keele.ac.uk

: : with such knowledge you can fight against becoming irrelevant.
: Well, the black power/civil rights movement also is a dirty word in many
: parts of this country. Would you agree that the media always fairly
: reports on the issues of racism and on the leaders of the
: African-American movements? Or do you turn a blind eye to the media's
: false portrayal of feminism only? Is the black power movement, by
: analogy, thus irrelevent?
Black Power != civil rights
I understand the black power movement to be that led by the likes of Louis
Farrakhan, banned from the UK (form where I hail) largely because of his
anti-Jewish views (a real believer in civil rights - not!), and a general
desire by the British establishment to keep out American political nutcases
(of all shades of opinion).
	Anyway, do we have to suffer this Trite White Shite? When I want to
read about KaTe, I really am not interested in reading nonsense about
conflicting ideologies of feminism, anti-feminism and this new one,
"sex-positive feminism". PLEASE! I am a centrist, a moderate, so generally
find this type of thing silly. I can choose not to read it in most cases.
when it starts invading areas of netspace where it doesn't belong, it's
another matter. so please, take this kind of thing to more appropriate
newsgroups, such as:
alt.abortion.inequity
alt.fan.rush-lamebrain
alt.feminism (??)
alt.politics.correct
talk.gender.warfare.for.the.sake.of.it

Thank-you

CGCE, 108 Holly Cross, Keele, Staffordshire, ST5 5JB
u3a97@cc.keele.ac.uk

Children of England, why do you run for your lives,
When you need someone I'm gonna show?
Sandra