Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

"Under the Ivy"...

From: asteg@k12.oit.umass.edu (Albert Steg (Winsor))
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 1995 16:48:54 GMT
Subject: "Under the Ivy"...
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: usenet@k12.oit.umass.edu (USENET News System)

I can't say I've ever thought real carefully about "interpreting" U"Under
the Ivy," but somehow I got an impression early on that it was about the
space where she makes her music.  I guess the intimacy of the piano
arrangement and the lyrics gave me a sense that she was inviting the
listener into the private world of her music.  In interviews you get the
impression that she ;likes to retreat from the professional/social world of
"parties" to get back to the studio.

Not that this is in conflict with any of the other readings here, but maybe
just another layer of thought.

Albert

--
"When it was proclaimed that the Library contained all books,the
first impression was one of extravagant happiness. All men felt