Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Walking Straight...

From: murazor@cute.cute.fi (Mikko Barros)
Date: 29 Jan 1995 14:06:34 GMT
Subject: Re: Walking Straight...
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Michael W. Dean (mdean@athena.cs.uga.edu) wrote:
: Marc Odo, you are not alone.  Myself, I always stop the album after "This
: Woman's Work" is over so I won't have to hear the next song.  Perhaps I am
: some kind of monstrous Philistine for thinking this, but "Walk Straight
: Down the Middle" is one of the worst songs in my entire music collection.

I on the other hand consider 'Walking...' to be one of her best songs.
One of the wonders of the song to me is that being a foreigner, the
beginning lyrics pronounciation has only just recently become
decipherable to me (although I've had 'Sensual' since it was released).
Also the ending of the song with it's intensity has effect on me.

For the record, I've not enjoyed 'Running up...' and some other tunes
from 'Hounds' for some time, although they were the tunes that lured me
in the first place. But then again I was much younger then.

--
  'Hello old lady, I know your face well - I know it well.'
                                       -Kate-

Dani
<murazor@cute.fi>