Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: What happened to the WWW site? ... story told

From: Ulrich Grepel <uli@zoodle.robin.de>
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 95 11:56:31 +0100
Subject: Re: What happened to the WWW site? ... story told
To: Anders Hultman <anders.hultman@unisource.se>
cc: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net

Anders quoted me:
> > I would principally be able to do the WWW thing with SLIP/PPP, but
> > > since it's a major configuration thing and since I want to do the
> > ISDN stuff anyway and since my time is (very) limited I don't want to do
> > it twice.
>
> I don't think it's a good idea to connect a web-server (or any server)
> to the Internet via ISDN and SLIP/PPP since ISDN is a dial-up line and
> thus the server won't be available at all times. It's better to have a
> permanently connected line.

That's clear, with SLIP/PPP I would just maintain the WWW pages which still
would be on the very same machine that IS in fact already connected permanently.
The only change to the planned situation would be that I would have a slower
connection for maintaining it.

Bye,

Uli

--
"Ein 32-Bit-Betriebssystem fuer uns?" - "Wozu? Wir haben doch zwei mit 16."
[IBM ad promoting OS/2]