Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Looking for a FTP site

From: denneuli@lifl.fr
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 95 10:52:05 +0100
Subject: Re: Looking for a FTP site
To: abjam@aol.com
Cc: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Mark wrote:
> Which statements/words by Kate did you use?  I could modify an IZL program
> to do the same thing...currently, it's basically a FORTUNE type program,
> so it would be easy to redo...I never thought of that!!!
I used the lyrics from "The Garden" to which I added those from TRS and the
TRS single's B-sides (YWA and SALD).

But, as my original goal was to write a program to train for the lyrics
related questions of the Konvention quizz, it does more things than a simple
fortune program.
You can choose between printing a single line or a paragraph and between
printing the song's name or not.

Exemples:
Entire paragraph:
 Well I said
 " Lily, Oh Lily I don't feel safe
 I feel that life has made a great big hole
 Through me "
 And she said
 " Child, you must protect yourself
 I'll show you how with fire "

Single line:
 I feel that life has made a great big hole

Song's name:
Title : Moments of pleasure
 Some moments that I've had

My program can be used with other lyrics file, too.

Yves.

- Denneulin Yves   | Laboratoire      | Distributed systems  |
-                  | Informatique     | Load balancing       |
- denneuli@lifl.fr | Fondamentale de  | Operational Research |
-                  | Lille            |                      |