Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Duke of URL

From: Stev0@zuni.chaco.com (Steve Berlin)
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 1995 20:26:14 +0800
Subject: Duke of URL
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net
content-length: 2422

cornholio boy <woj@remus.rutgers.edu> sez:

>charlefr@qm.WV.TEK.COM (Steve Frost) sez:
>>So I've been trying to get Kate's home page for weeks.

>which one? there are a whole bunch of 'em:

It's dead, Jim.  Which is sad, 'cause it was the best Kate Home Page
on the 'web, and is on too many folks' hotlists.

 >href="http://www.jrc.flinders.edu.au/USERS/rfrost/kate/image-archive/KateI
mageArchive.html">KaTe Bush Image Archive</a>

Same thing.

Mostly digitized songs.

Bush In Her Own Words </a>

As of this writing, be Kate resource on The Web.  Not just Ron Hill's
"Cloudbusting", but lots of interesting additions.  When is someone
going to update, clean up, and HTMLize IED's wonderful "The Garden"?

New URL:

http://136.169.23.78/Lionheart.html

><li><a href="http://www.music.sony.com/Music/ArtistInfo/KateBush.html">
Kate Bush</a>

Skimpy FAQ, promo for TLTC&TC, and some utterly wonderful enigmatic Gif's.
Hey, you Sony folk out there - Who did this one?  They have a great beginning,
but I got some suggestions to make this a top-notch page.

>i'm sure that stev0 would be happy to review them all for us.

You read my mind.  (Actually, you didn't completely 'cause you left
out the parts involving hot tubs)

>hmmm. does anyone have a web page that points to all the KaTe siTes? if
>not, maybe i'll spend some time on it...

Be careful what you wish for, 'cause you might get it:

http://american.recordings.com/cgi-bin/ubl?card+1032

*ping* And there it is!  (What?  You mean the Ultimate Band List:

http://american.recordings.com/wwwofmusic/ubl.html

Isn't in your hotlist?)

Oh, you left out the most important one:

http://www.chaco.com/~stev0/lhshirt.html

Which shows the award-winning Lovehounds T-Shirt, as worn by
all the members of The Lovehounds Cabal (tm) and a few hundred
lurkers (I am NOT exaggerating that figure!)

- Stev0 "that shirt guy"

"You can go to a page and see a coffee pot in the University
of Cambridge in England!"
 - Alex Bennett, explaining the wonders of The Web

"Big deal.  I can go to the next room and see a coffee pot
right here!"
 - Chuck Farnham, who was not impressed.