Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-42 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: re : She knew exactly what to do

From: "Stuart M. Castergine" <scasterg@cd.columbus.oh.us>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 1994 14:28:04 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: re : She knew exactly what to do
To: Love-Hounds <love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET>

On Tue, 20 Dec 1994 RIDLEY@ZASU.SPRL.UMICH.EDU wrote:

> I always associated the foreboding "She couldn't have made a worse move." to
> mean that the husband did exactly what she thought he would do, but hoped he
> wouldn't do. So she found out that it was possible for her husband to be
> attracted to another woman. That sort of sucks for her...

But what was really happening was that he was being attracted to his wife
all over again. "Just like his wife." I think he didn't really want
another woman, he was just a desperate lonely man who wanted his "old"
wife back.

When he found out it was *really* her, he may have been overjoyed, and it
may have brought new life to their marriage.

Anyway, what do you think are the chances of him not recognizing his wife
at the meeting? I don't think it would be possible to disguise my wife in
any way that I would find attractive such that I would not recognize her.

Yet, he still throws himself at her. I bet he knew!

scasterg@cd.columbus.oh.us == Stuart M. Castergine   |              ---
All young gentle dreams drowning                     | "Mmm, yes."   |/
In life's grief                                      |               |\
Can you hang on to me? --Kate Bush, _Big Stripey Lie_|