Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-42 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: This 'n' That

From: gnome@teleport.com (Kevin Haskel Rubin)
Date: 20 Dec 1994 08:13:28 -0800
Subject: Re: This 'n' That
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In <9412200148.AA13766@bugs.TQS.COM> steve.b@TQS.COM (Steve Berlin) writes:
>A special word must be said about probably THE most bashed song of
>Kate's, "Reaching Out".  In America (I don't know about places where
>Kate's considered Mainstream), her audience consists of a very large
>core of whom 90% of the music they listen to they do just to piss
>off their parents.  Someday, I'm going to make the world's worst-selling
>Heavy Metal album called "I Like My Parents", including such cuts
>as "I don't need the Car This Weekend" and "Can I Help with the Dishes?"

I can't imagine playing any Kate Bush stuff to piss my parents off.  If
anything, I think they would be suprised I was listening to anything that
light (she really doesn't keep up with what I listen to).

Actually, the last time I was "home", I brought a bunch of CDs for my mother
to listen to, but she never got to the Kate ones in the stack.  I rather
think my mother would like her music quite a bit.

-kevin
--
 gnome@teleport.com           Kevin Rubin
                GCS d--- H++ s--:+ !g !au>+ a25 w+ v+ C++ U+ N+ W--- po