Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-41 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

Now it appears that Lily operates in, shall we say, an area that is
considered bogus by many (spiritualism), but so what? If what she is doing
is helping Kate cope with life events in a positive way, then I feel we
should be glad that Kate is being helped, rather than questioning the
"legitimacy" of that help. (If Kate had started going to church regularly,
I wonder if we would be debating the validity of Christianity and whether
JEsus really did do all those things some old book says he did....but I
digress.)

If Lily is getting Kate to turn over all her money to her, or if Kate is
going to do something like sell flowers in airports or go to Waco and be
the new David Koresh, then I think we might be rightly concerned with
Lily's influence. But, as it is, even though I myself have doubts about some
spiritual practices, I am more glad that Kate has found something that is
helping her and is meaningful to her.

Cheers, Fiona
fmcquarr@atlas.cs.upei.ca