Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-40 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Cards for sorrow, Cards for pain

From: steve.b@TQS.COM (Steve Berlin)
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 94 17:03:59 PST
Subject: Cards for sorrow, Cards for pain
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

About the Kate Tarot Deck project that will never happen:

Actually, it's (sorta) been done before.  Mark Mothersbaugh,
former lead mutant of Devo, did a solo effort, "Music for
Insomniacs" (a brilliant parody of Eno's ambient stuff), and
included in a limited edition boxed thingie was a deck of playing
cards (standard cards, not tarot), wearing various silly hats
and four different suits (get it?).  52 pictures of himself was
about as narcissistic as one can get without changing one's name
to an unpronouncable symbol.

How about a simpler, actually doable idea:

A Lovehounds Calendar - Just the pix from the various covers
of TKI and you're halfway there!  Also, it could include Important
Kate Dates (release dates of the albums, Katemas (of course), maybe
other important dates such as the day she appeared on SNL) - all
of which are easily obtained.

Or, if you want to be really obsessive (and who doesn't?), maybe
a desk calendar.  Yeah, you still need 52 pix, but you won't have
to worry about all that goddamn symbology...

-Stev0 the dated

PS:  OK, so unless someone works really fast, it's probably too
late to get one out in time for '95 (unless folks don't mind missing
a couple of weeks - I know I don't), but still it's something to
think about