Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-39 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Tarot, First Kate Song to penetrate my Thick Skull

From: "Karen L. Newcombe" <kln@crl.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 1994 11:07:04 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Tarot, First Kate Song to penetrate my Thick Skull
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

IED, I think you're onto something with the tarot idea (OohLaLune, you're
so ingenious!)  because anyone who has seen the Voyager Tarot will
realize it is made of collages of various beautiful pictures.  It is a
dazzling deck, which I occasionally take out on New Years Eve so each of
my friends can pull a card for the new year.  We never remember what we
got but it is fun and honors that randomness in the universe that
propells us on through life.

A Kate tarot would certainly be fun to put together.  It could also be
partially drawn and partially collaged. Were all the images put together
in a computer file it could all be formatted in PageMaker or some other
such program and made print-ready on disk.

The first KateSong to crack my (at the time) punk-goth skull was "Hello
Earth", which I first heard while carrying a 40 lb. tray of chocolate
cakes on my right shoulder and trying to negotiate a set of swinging
doors.  At the time I disliked Kate ( Let's exchange the experience?  You
must be kidding!  What kind of Sedona touchy feely crap is that? ) but
the Purity of Her Sacred Voice soaring above the Little Earth gave me the
grace to see the Little Light and become a True Believer in Her Greatness.

To the utter dismay of my friends . . . who to a person believe I've gone
mad.

Heh heh heh, maybe I have!

Karen  kln@crl.com