Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-39 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Audio Freeware offer - 3rd post - v1.5

From: lateblooms@aol.com (LateBlooms)
Date: 29 Nov 1994 01:20:14 -0500
Subject: Audio Freeware offer - 3rd post - v1.5
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@aol.net

==
              -- Changes for Audio Freeware, V1.5, November 27,  1994 --

  1.  New e-mail address.

  2.  'Late Bloomers' CD pre-release offer and other new inducements!

  3. Thumbnail statistics:
      Total requests:              About 200, so far.
      Countries of origin:       USA, Canada, Germany, Denmark, Greece,
Russia, Australia, Sweden.

 If you have responded to this offer, but not yet received a CD or tape,
PLEASE e-mail
me again.  I have moved, changed jobs (actually, I'm only doing music
now), and spend a lot of time hunting and gathering.  If your first post
got tossed in the bit bucket, I apologize.

I have one last box of CDs and tapes earmarked for distribution via the
Internet.  When it's gone it's gone, and the offer expires.
==

                        A U D I O   F R E E W A R E - V1.5

        Okay, here's the story.  I'll keep it as short as I can.

        Send me your name and address, and I'll send you a copy of my
album,
"Bittersweet".  NO STRINGS, NO CHARGE.  Please specify either tape, or CD.

        One copy per person, while supplies last.
        Mailing address:
              Paul Henry, 'Late Bloomers offer'
              B-Sides Records
              Box 231582
              Encinitas, CA 92023

             OR

        E-mail:   LateBlooms (America On Line)
                      LateBlooms@aol.com (Internet)

        COMPENSATION.  What ever you like, REALLY.  Here are some
suggestions:
        1.  Do nothing.  Enjoy the music, or play CD frisbee.
        2.  Send postage, with packaging, it works out to
            about $0.75 for the tape, $1.21 for the CD. OVERSEAS ORDERS
around $3.01.
        3.  Any amount to help me fund my next album.
        4.  Write me a letter.  What you liked, or didn't.
        5.  Pass the music around.
        6.  Ask a record store to carry it.
        7.  Ask a radio station to play it.
        8.  Use the tape to record some music you REALLY like.

INDUCEMENTS!!!!!!
       1. Send me $10.00 or more, and I'll include a booklet of lyrics.
       2. I am in a new band called 'Late Bloomers'.  We are really,
really good at what we do. We will have our first album out by Fall of
1995, tentatively titled 'Surrender to Love'. Send me $15.00 or more, and
you will receive the 'Bittersweet' CD or tape, as well as the 'Surrender
to Love' CD when it becomes available.   Again, specify tape or CD.

       T H E   A L B U M  -  " B I T T E R S W E E T "

The Songs:

1. Galileo - He never had a good protest song.  Here's one, in jazz, yet.
2. a rose is never wrong - A great physicist once said: "Nature does."
3. Beethoven's Back - The kind of song Chuck Berry might write if he
                      bumped into Stephen King and they both closed the
bar.
4. Turning into an Animal - I tell people that this is about my cat.
                                           I'm lying.
5. a house of strangers - Most love songs are about the peaks and valleys.
                                       This one's about the flat spots.
6. the Movie:    A jazz-inspired tryptich of what turns out to be,
                       essentially, a romantic encounter, film noir style.
        -walking from paradise
        -the man is dancing
        -between the shadows
7. Bittersweet -  A lullaby for love.
8. Make no mistake - Like it says...

        T H E   M U S I C I A N S

        Dan Campbell     -      percussion
        Chris Conner     -      bass
        Deane Digiacomo  -      flute
        Steve Feierabend -      sax
        Paul Henry       -      guitar, vocals
        Trisha Mitchell  -      oboe
        Tom Mylett       -      bass on "between the shadows"
        Jim Sweeney      -      drums

What "kind" of album is it? Well, you can see by the lineup above that the
instrumentation is all acoustic.  These are songs, words and music.  The
style ranges from contemporary folk to jazz/broadway standard,
with a quick stop at unplugged rock and roll.

My musical influences include Chuck Berry, Stan Rogers, Stephen Sondheim,
Nick Drake, John Martyn, Bill Evans(the pianist, not the bass player),
Harold Arlen, Johnny Mercer, Joni Mitchell, XTC, Tom Ross, Chris Reed,
Bill Bumpus, Richard Thompson, Dave Frishberg, among others.

THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HAS RESPONDED.  IT HAS BEEN A REAL PLEASURE MAKING
CONTACT WITH SO MANY PEOPLE FROM SO MANY PLACES!  IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN
FUTURE 'LATE BLOOMERS' EVENTS OR ALBUMS, YOU CAN E-MAIL US AT
LateBlooms@aol.com