Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-39 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Lack of advertising (Was Re: US Mixes)

From: Anders Hultman <anders.hultman@unisource.se>
Date: 28 Nov 1994 09:08:00 GMT
Subject: Lack of advertising (Was Re: US Mixes)
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

> Hounders would obviously rush out and buy/steal/at least see The Coke, The
> Mirror and The Line (oops!),  _normal_(!) everyday people who buy chart
> stuff wouldn't know what the hell was going on.

The last week, trying to find the ASIL single in any record store in
Stockholm, Sweden, I have thought of how odd things really are.

Why aren't Kate's record company promoting and advertising Kate's
records? When I rode the subway to my work this morning the train
car was full of ads for different things, and amongst others at least
three or four albums and a couple of films. Why isn't Kate promoted?
Why isn't Kate played on the radio like any other artist? If things
proceed like this, in the future she'll be selling records to us,
her loyal fan base, only.

Anders