Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-38 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

US Mixes

From: Jo=Malone%Tech=Services%Banyan=Europe@hippo.banyan.com
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 94 04:30:52 EST
Subject: US Mixes
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.uu.net

Hello fellow Hounders

I've not written to the list before, and have only been a member for a week
or so. Apologies if this is a repeat thread.

Flame on...
I'd be interested to hear Hounders' reaction to me saying that the US mix
of Rubberband Girl (as featured on the CD single of ASIL) is _much_ more,
shall I say, commercial than the version we had over here (in UK). I had
already seen the US video (which again was much better than the feeble
effort we saw), and I can't understand why they bothered to release the UK
(European?) version. Don't you agree that the US cut would have done much
better over here? Perhaps someone in the US can tell me where RG got in the
Billboard? probably did better than here...
By the way, I did think that the US mix of Eat the Music was _boring_!!
Flame off...

On a positive note, nice to see ASIL jump straight into the UK charts at
number 26... but will it go further? Not if it's to be based on Kate's
"performance" on TOTP (as reviewed by others already).

Now, I place my cap in hand, and ask if anyone can point me towards a store
that might still have some of those fabulous (!) 7" special edition picture
disks (with poster, of course) that I can't get hold of. Believe me, I've
tried everything over the last few weeks...

Cheerio for now.
-Jo
Jo Malone - Internet ID: jmalone@banyan.com
"Learning music by reading about it is like making love by mail." - Luciano
Pavarotti