Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-38 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

RE: First Kate song (was videos)

From: "Forward, Jonathan" <JForward@SITGBSD1.TELECOM.com.au>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 94 09:18:00 EST
Subject: RE: First Kate song (was videos)
To: "rec.music.gaffa" <love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET>
Encoding: 23 TEXT

Date: Saturday, 19 November 1994 4:45AM
[no name on post] wrote:

]Hi...

 Hi.

]What was the first song of hers that you heard, that caused you to get
]interested in her music?

 "Interested"?  Hmmmm - try "Enchanted". The single of "Man with the
 child in his eyes" was what did it for me, back in 1978. As an
 impressionable teenager I couldn't have been more impressed. Kate's
 beautiful intro, with the repeated "He's here" and the lilting laugh
 still have such magic. Makes me all misty-eyed just thinking of it.

TSB, Adelaide Australia
'Ordinary people, it's OK
 You don't have to wear those wings
 They're stupid things' - Frente