Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-36 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

re: ridiculousness

From: Raymond Pugh <rpugh@arcadia.win-uk.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 1994 23:15:23
Subject: re: ridiculousness
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

In article <385t15$rg4@watnews1.watson.ibm.com>, Gregg Primm (primm@bcrvmpc2.vnet.ibm.com) writes:

>Hey, hey, hey.  Just trying to inject a (very) little humor into an
>uneccessary argument.  You're right.  I think Marcel acknowledges
>that you're right.  I certainly think that you're right.  However, the
>vehemence of your response was off-base.  Period.

My thoughts exactly.  At least, my initial thoughts.  However,
after stopping to think about it, I have to side with Chris (if
sides are being taken; which I sincerely hope they're not.)

Here's a guy who's devoted an enormous amount of time, effort, love
and money into the tapetree project.  Then, by a careless remark,
he sees its future put in jeopardy.  Chris is 100% right (IMHO), in
stamping down firmly *now*, to avoid things getting out of hand.
Marcel was probably a little unfortunate to get caught in the
backlash but I hope he can understand why Chris reacted as he did.

Ray
(who discovered r.m.g too late to get a copy of the tapetree :-( )

--
NET: rpugh@arcadia.win-uk.net      The tears I swallow flood my heart
(Work) ray@win-uk.net                They make rivers that run ragged down