Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-35 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Lene Lovich videos

From: "Forward, Jonathan" <JForward@SITGBSD1.TELECOM.com.au>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 94 15:06:00 EST
Subject: Re: Lene Lovich videos
To: "rec.music.gaffa" <love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET>
Encoding: 25 TEXT

Date: Sunday, 23 October 1994 10:49PM
VanceMan wrote:

]In article <2EAC1EB0@msmail.trl.oz.au>, "Forward, Jonathan"
]<JForward@SITGBSD1.TELECOM.com.au> writes:
]>I have a copy of Devo doing a live version of a song called Be Stiff.
]>Anyone know if it's the same one?
]
]Yes, indeed it is. In fact, the Lovich version was part of a group of
]versions done for a Stiff Records U.S. tour way back when and released
]on a promotional 12". There's also versions by Jona Lewie, Rachel Sweet,
]Mickey Jupp and the whole group of them together.
]
]And if you're into completist history, Toni Basil (the instant has-been
]of "Oh Mickey -- you're so fine, you blow my mind" fame) also did a
]version on her "Word of Mouth" lp/video.

Gosh.  It's stuff like this that makes the whole internet worthwhile.

TSB, Adelaide Australia
'Send us all your love and kisses,
 Come and join the dream that never ends.' - Sam Phillips