Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-35 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate sell out? Blasphemy!

From: ghanley@iii.net (Gary J. Hanley)
Date: 21 Oct 1994 10:45:29 -0400
Subject: Re: Kate sell out? Blasphemy!
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Karen L. Newcombe (kln@crl.com) wrote:

: Anyone saying Kate sold out by doing three or four minutes worth of music
: for Coca-Cola better stay out of my way if they see me coming down the
: street.

I was in a bar a few weeks ago, and a sportschannel was on scrolling
through some scores, and in the background they were playing "Running
Up That Hill" without the words. First, I wonder if this was a legal
arrangement or if it was just used without concent. And secondly, I
wonder if they would have played it if they knew what the song was about! :)

--

-- Gary