Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-34 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate sell out? Blasphemy!

From: "Karen L. Newcombe" <kln@crl.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 1994 10:27:05 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Kate sell out? Blasphemy!
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

Anyone saying Kate sold out by doing three or four minutes worth of music
for Coca-Cola better stay out of my way if they see me coming down the
street.

Let's think of it as a business arrangement, since music is a business
whether we like it or not.  Kate does a very small amount of work for
what is probably a very good amount of dinero.

As the Homeground crew mentioned some weeks ago Kate intends to use this
money to finance her next film.

Kate made a hell of a smart deal.  Just because our emotions are affected
by Kate's work doesn't mean lots of money isn't involved.  It is.  If
Kate wants to make commercials to finance her work that's bloody terrific
with me.  It means there will at least be a few commercials around that
are pleasant to encounter.

P.S.  Vickie, re: Walk Straight Down the Middle, there is a Middle Street
in Galway, Ireland.

Karen Newcombe  kln@crl.com  SRI!