Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-33 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate Bush and the inimitable Dawn French

From: Connie Lofton <Connie_Lofton@sonymusic.com>
Date: 11 Oct 94 16:42:51 EDT
Subject: Kate Bush and the inimitable Dawn French
To: love-hounds <love-hounds@uunet.uu.net>

My comrade in humor, Ray Pugh, posted a lovely diary yesterday about his
experience with "The Whole Story" laserdisc, which was great to read BTW.
We're both huge Dawn French fans, who, as Ray pointed out (and most of you
know), appears in the "Experiment IV" video.  I'm assuming that as Kate is a
big comedy fan, she was familiar with Dawn's work with the Comic Strip (as I
think the video pre-dates the premiere of "French & Saunders"), hence the
connection.

Now,  Ray has mentioned to me that he believes that French & Saunders (who have
done fantastic, dead-on spoofs of music acts like ABBA, Guns & Roses,
Shakespeare's Sister and Fleetwood Mac) might have done a send-up of none other
than her Kateness doing "Wuthering Heights"!   Can anyone out there in
Gaffa-land confirm or deny this?  If it's true, has anyone got it on tape?  I
would LOVE to see this if it exists.

I would really appreciate if the really serious knowers of all things
Bush-related out there would respond, as my obsession must either be fed or
quashed as soon as possible!

Thanks in advance,

--Connie

"And we pause for the jets..."