Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: rate kate

From: chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (chris williams)
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 94 23:19 CDT
Subject: Re: rate kate
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <199409302053.PAA48679@audumla.students.wisc.edu> you write:
> BTW II, thanks quite belatedly to the tapetree people. Wonderful black-and
>white brackets to the set (Rocket Man/Under the Ivy), and everything in
>between is fun too.  I tuned into the Night Flight Kate special halfway
>through back in 1986 or whenever, then spent the next 6 months taping Night
>Flight for a rerun, to no avail, so seeing the unexpurgated interview was
>quite a rush (a wrenching one, though).

   On behalf of the Tape Tree Team, you're welcome. We have some fun
stuff coming in for the next one. Actually, the interview was for three
different programs; Night Flight, Radio 1990 and Heartlight City. Some
of it did appear on Heartlight City as well as Night Flight.

>BTW III, I saw/heard my first Kate while visiting a friend in London right
>after TKI came out. I seem to remember my English buddy saying there was
>something scandalous about it; maybe it was just that it was such a
>precocious first effort. Or maybe it was the album jacket and the fact that
>Kate was, what, 17? at the time?  Or was there a scandal?

   Well, there was supposed to be a bit of a flap about the poster
chosen to promote the album, pasted all over the Underground. It was
the "pink top" photo from the Japanese version of TKI.The album was
cropped, but the poster showed her nipples fairly clearly. As Kate
said "I suppose it's sexy 'cos you can see my tits." Yep, that is
an exact quote.

                          Chris Williams of
                             Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago
                               chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (his)