Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Maya Deren

From: evelyn.beckett@canrem.com (Evelyn Beckett)
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 1994 17:46:00 -0400
Subject: Maya Deren
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net
Sender: CRSO.KateBush@canrem.com

All Kate maniacs out there should check out a short film by Maya Deren
called "Meshes of the Afternoon".  Not only is it thoroughly brilliant
in its own right, but it contains some imagery (especially the key in
the mouth bit from The Dreaming) that can be found (perhaps
coincidentally) littered throughout Kate's work.  Also, the thematic
parallels to "Get Out of My House" are fascinating.  You can get the
film on a tape from Mystic Fire video called "Maya Deren Experimental
Films Vol 1" (also on disc).  I highly recommend checking it out.

Evelyn

"Say the magic words... Julie Andrews"
        - Peter Cook, "Bedazzled" (1967)