Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-30 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Y Kant it be re-released

From: JWWARREN@aol.com
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 94 21:13:48 EDT
Subject: Y Kant it be re-released
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net
Sender: "JWWARREN" <JWWARREN@aol.com>

Richard wrote (nrc@cbemx.cb.att.com):
> [...]
it will never be re-released.<<<<

I think the key modifier here should be: "never be re-leased _as long as Tori
Amos stays with Atlantic Records_.

Atlantic, as the recording company, has the right to re-release the record
if/when they choose. Right now they obviously don't want to: 1)give the
public (ie. ignorant MTV-watching/record buying public) a confused idea about
this still up and coming artist (in $$ respects, up and coming, not
artistically... well, who knows?) and 2) (probably more important) they don't
want to piss Tori off.

If she should per chance move some day to another label, you can bet that the
album would be released immediately, with a big sticker on the front saying:
TORI AMOS' VERY FIRST ALBUM!

Meanwhile, us rabid fans will listen to our bootleg or $500 legitimate copies
of this not-quite-unlistenable-but-definitely-not-what-we-came-here-for
album.

John (one of the former)