Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-30 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Sarah MacLachlin - Mailing List?

From: Nettwerk@mindlink.bc.ca (Nettwerk)
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 94 21:22:05 -0800
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

The Nettwerk Connection FAQ File - "Connect to an Attitude, not a Problem."

Nettwerk BBS
------------
The Nettwerk BBS offers exciting discussion groups and cool file libraries
filled with cover art, discographies, sound samples and more. Also, the
Home Shopping Nettwerk allows you to browse our catalog and place mail
orders on your VISA.

Occassionally we have special Chat events. These allow BBS callers to
interact live with a Nettwerk artist or band. Oh, don't forget the monthly
contests.

The Nettwerk BBS runs TBBS & PIMP software and is based in Vancouver, BC.
We are presently at 8 phone lines. And we are always looking for a reason
to add more.

The Nettwerk BBS:   (604) 731-7007

The BBS also has Internet access...

send mail and ask. And tell us who you listen to. Or a joke. Or something.
You see, a real person will read your mail. Not some silly computer.

Nettwerk Internet Newsletter:  Nettwerk@Mindlink.BC.CA

Auto Mail Services
------------------
Send any old e-mail to the following addresses and you will receive within
a day or two the latest infomation we have!

Nettwerk News:     news@Nettwerk.wimsey.com
The Catalog:       catalog@Nettwerk.wimsey.com
Tour Dates:        dates@Nettwerk.wimsey.com
This Connect FAQ:  info@Nettwerk.wimsey.com

that's not true. We are a nice bunch, we talk about Nettwerk artists and
bands and
anything else we want to.

* How does it work?

In the middle of the night the computer elves go out and collect all the
mail sent to the list and then send it back out to everyone. So you can
expect to see a nice bunch a messages every morning.

* How do you subscribe?

Send e-mail to: Nettlist-Request@Nettwerk.wimsey.com
Place the word "SUBSCRIBE" in the message body.

* How do you unsubscribe? (Why? Don't you like it here?)

Send e-mail to: Nettlist-Request@Nettwerk.wimsey.com
Place the word "UNSUBSCRIBE" in the message body.

* How do I get involved? How do I send a message?

Send e-mail to: Nettlist@Nettwerk.wimsey.com

***Please note!! When you receive mailing list messages they will be
marked "FROM:" the original sender. DO NOT reply to the message as it will
only be sent to that person. Just one person! That's no good! Good e-mail
systems will let you reply to the "REPLY TO:" which is the nettlist
address.

ALL NETTLIST MESSAGES SHOULD BE SENT TO NETTLIST@NETTWERK.WIMSEY.COM

ALL SUBSCRIBE/UNSUBSCRIBE MESSAGES SEND TO
NETTLIST-REQUEST@NETTWERK.WIMSEY.COM

I'm very sorry I had to yell. But it is very important.
Thanks for listening.

Nettwerk FTP by e-mail
----------------------

FTP is File Transfer Protocol. Which means you can get our cool BBS files
by using your Internet e-mail account. It can be a little difficult so pay
close attention.

* How do I get a file list?

Send e-mail to: FTPMail@Nettwerk.wimsey.com
Place the words "GET NETTDIR.TXT" in the message body.

You will be sent a message back that contains the list of all our files.

* So I found a file I want. How do I get it?

Send e-mail to: FTPMail@Nettwerk.wimsey.com
Place the words "GET FILENAME" in the message body.
FILENAME being, of course, the name of the file you want.

Now here is the tough part. If you request a file that is not text, like a
EXE, ZIP, or SIT or something. The system will send you the file UUENCODED.
UUENCODE is a method of sending computer files by e-mail. You  get a
UUDECODE program for your computer. This will decode the message into the
original file. Ask your friendly neighbourhood network guy or sysop for
help.

* Can I get more than one file at a time?

Nope. Sorry. Not a chance.

* Do you have a real FTP site or Telnet site?

No, not yet. But you can get most of our files from ftp.uwp.edu in the
nettwerk directory. Just type "cd nettwerk". With thanks to Dave Datta!

WORLD WIDE WEB:

Here's our URL:

        http://wwww.wimsey.com/nettwerk/

* What if nothing I try works?

Send me e-mail at SYSOP@Nettwerk.wimsey.com and I'll do my best to help
you.

So that's it. All the Nettwerk computer stuff you every wanted to know.

--
      The Nettwerk Network--"Connect to an Attitude...not a Problem"

        E-Mail: Nettwerk@mindlink.bc.ca
        Nettwerk BBS: (604) 731-7007
        World Wide Web: http://www.wimsey.com/nettwerk/