Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Will the *real* dork please stand up?

From: WretchAwry <vickie@pilot.njin.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 94 20:00:08 EDT
Subject: Will the *real* dork please stand up?
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Loves: Kate Bush..Happy Rhodes..Jane Siberry..Tori Amos..Peter Gabriel..

Ok, wanna talk about *real* dorks now...

> From: an126084@anon.penet.fi

This hasn't been flamed yet, and I'm very proud that no one has
risen to his flame bait.  I don't have anything to say about
his obvious dickheadedness, but I do want to say one thing.

This creep used a decent, reliable, anonymous service to hide
behind, and I protest.  This is happening all over the net,
where cowards are using anon.penet.fi to post inflammatory
flamage, and it's unfortunately giving the anon service a
bad name.  I'm putting out a plea for anyone who might, to not
blame the anon service for the pea-brains of the world.

anon.penet.fi is a *needed* and *useful* service that is
the lifeline for many people who post in various support
newsgroups.  I speak from experience, having a penet.fi
number under 1000 (check his number out to see how many
people have gotten an #s since then) and I hate to see this
service used to post flamage *anywhere*, let alone gaffa.

Please, blame the poster, not the messenger.

To the poster: if you want to know about that "Kate Jacobs" (?)
(not Kate Bush) photo spread, have enough guts to use your
own name.  It's an old misunderstanding, and an oft-asked
question.  I'm sure it's even in the FAQ (and if it's not,
it should be) so take a look there.

Vickie