Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

IGG sponsoring TLTCTC

From: "Karen L. Newcombe" <kln@crl.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 1994 12:25:14 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: IGG sponsoring TLTCTC
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

Hi y'all,

I've received several posts regarding the showing of TLTCTC in
Shepherdstown and a nice flyer for the event showing Kate in her fruit dress.

IGG has managed to (finally!) contact someone at Frutopia and they've
agreed to supply a videotape of the commercials and free bottles of the
drink.  Also Doug Alan will be sharing his copies of Kate videos so it
sounds like it will be a fun event.

I know people on this bulletin board have occasional gripes with IGG, but
I want to say I think they are putting a lot of effort into this.  Allan
posted me several times asking for suggestions and wanting to know if I
had contacted Frutopia, etc.

When I talked to the UC-Theatre about holding a similiar event in
Berkeley, they told me I would have to pay for the theatre and rental of
the movie up front for about $1,500.  Daunted by the prospect of raising
that much money in advance, and not having the funds to put up myself,
and fearing that attendance would not make up even the cost of rental,
much less advertising, I backed off.

This isn't a plug for IGG, I get griped at them too.

But I admire how much effort Allan and Moira have put into this.  Sony
hasn't paid for a thing.  Frutopia hasn't paid for a thing.

As we've all seen, Sony has little interest in promoting the movie for
whatever obscure reasons they've made up.  So kudos to IGG from a Love
Hound who didn't have the stamina or the cash to pull this same effort off.

Karen  kln@crl.com