Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: IED -- who is this guy, anyway?

From: WretchAwry <vickie@pilot.njin.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 94 18:31:05 EDT
Subject: Re: IED -- who is this guy, anyway?
To: jrunagate@aol.com (J Runagate)
Cc: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Loves: Kate Bush..Happy Rhodes..Jane Siberry..Tori Amos..Peter Gabriel..

jrunagate@aol.com (J Runagate)

> Sheesh!  Get rid of the jerk!  What a dork!

Look, you obviously haven't been around gaffa long.  That's OK, but
if you're going to post here, you should hang around and get to
know what's going on, and who people are, before you flame away
like this.  If you're unsure, ask someone via e-mail.

"IED" is a *persona* of a man named Andrew Marvick.  IED is a
Character, and Andy is the Actor who plays him.  Very few know
Andy, many know IED.

I'm proud to say I've known Andy since 1983, and he's a darned
nice guy.  The only person here I've known longer is Peter Fitzgerald-
Morris.  I've known him since 1981.  Though I've met Andy in person
several times, I've never met IED, except in the pages of Love-Hounds.
Andy and I are good buds, while I'm always a bit wary of IED.

IED is someone who will always take the "Kate 100%, right or wrong"
position.  Andy's normal :-) (and oh, IED's going to get me for
saying that) and has his own gripes about Kate every now and then.
However, Andy hardly ever posts in gaffa.  IED always does.

It's a gaffa thing, ok?  Strange as it may seem, IED's an institution
here.  Don't take it as an "in joke" just take it as something you
didn't know about.  It happens to us all.  I'm only explaining this
because there are probably lots of other new people who aren't sure
who the hell "IED" is either.  Even a lot of old-timers have never
figured IED out either.  Go with the flow, whichever.

Anyway, we'd *never* "get rid of him" because he knows more about Kate
than anyone here except Peter Fitzgerald-Morris.  He's a lot more
important than you, or me.  I *know* he's a lot more entertaining
than you, or me.

IED stays.  I hope you do too.

Vickie  (quaking at what IED's response is going to be) :)