Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate and Prince & Other TRS Collaberators

From: kell1@aol.com (KELL1)
Date: 13 Aug 1994 15:47:04 -0400
Subject: Re: Kate and Prince & Other TRS Collaberators
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@aol.net

In article <9405027705.AA770579508@zdlmail.ziff.com>,
bmiller@zdlmail.zdlabs.ziff.com (Miller, Ben) writes:

Gary Brooker, for those who aren't familier, was the lead vocalist for
Procol Harum. Plays the Hammond on many of TRS tracks. Interesting to note
...Gary was responsible for vocals and piano with Procol. The haunting
Hammond tracks, ( the most famous on "Lighter Shade of Pale") were played
by Mathew Fischer. Procol Harum reunited for an album in 1991, " The
Prodigal Stranger"  toured in 1991 (including Robin Trower in early dates,
he left in disgust with turnout, I hear) and toured as opener for Jethro
Tull last year. Procol and Kate have always been my favorite artists, it
was a great suprize to see them together!