Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Dreams and reality

From: chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (chris williams)
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 94 11:25 CDT
Subject: Re: Dreams and reality
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <2E4BECD1@msmail.trl.oz.au> you write:

>Date: Thursday, 11 August 1994 11:24AM
>Chris Williams wrote:
>
>]>A lot of people are into dream interpretation - you're the first I've met
>]>who needs reality interpretation.  No more listening to 'Strange
>Phenomena'
>]> for a while, OK?
>]
>]    It was reality, not a dream.
>
> Uh - I know.

   Well, there was a rather involved discussion several months back
about _Lily_, and it became clear that not everyone had the same
definition of the words "dream" and "reality," or the dividing line
between the two. I assumed that you knew these things, but could
not be sure. The desire to be understood on the Net can turn a person
into an awful pedant.

>] Reality interpretation? Ok. What does it mean? I haven't the faintest
>idea.
>
> Uh - just a joke, the point being that your experience was more fantastic
> (i.e. fantasy-like) than most people's dreams, and thus open to further
> interpretation (according to some people) than a belief in mere coincidence
> would suggest.  If you're an insomniac, you might like to read the previous
> sentence several times after going to bed - you'll notice yourself drifting
> off almost immediately.  I even bored myself.

   The universe is indeed queerer than we can imagine.

                          Chris Williams of
                             Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago
                               chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (his)
                                 vickie@njin.rutgers.edu      (hers)